I changed a couple of the stitches from the orginal design, for no other reason than that I usually do – I cannot remember the last project I stitched exactly to the design. And I chose the colours and threads from my stash. My stash is pretty limited and I didn’t want to use only perle thread, so I didn’t actually have much choice of colours – ecru/white, yellow, green and purple were the only colours where I had 3 different shades, LOL.
I used Neon Rays (left over from some I had bought online when I did the Puzzle Purse) at the bottom left, some purple ribbony stuff in the bargello section, some crochet cotton in the palest purple section and the variegated green and variegated yellow is some Cam Creations silk. Years ago, a crazy quilting group I was part of bought up a huge lot of silk that Cam Creations was quitting, and we all shared it out among each other. I love Meg’s idea of using a sparkly metallic to outline the sections – it made a huge difference.
The variegated purple section (DMC perle) makes me think of an Easter egg, LOL!