I am still stitching my Santa, but thought I would do a quick post about a past project. This was a challenge at my local embroiderers’ guild: select a design and stitch it using a couple of different techniques.
I hand-drew a simple flower and made the finished pieces into a wall quilt.
Now I must say straight off, that I did this a few years ago, when I didn’t have much experience in the finer points of the art of embroidery – hence all the wrinkles and puckers!!! And the not-so-even stitching. Seeing them all in the photos did make me think twice about posting the photos, but what the heck. I was so proud of my work, and I still am, in spite of those pesky puckers. This quilt is for me, to hang on my wall, so I am the only person it has to please, and if I don’t mind the imperfections, that’s all that matters. Sometimes I think we get too hung up on doing things “perfectly”. Imperfections add character (that’s my story anyway, and I’m sticking to it 🙂 )
So that’s it. It was also my very first time at making a quilty thing. It’s all hand stitched because I didn’t own a sewing machine, and very simply quilted with running stitches (way to long be to be called hand-quilting, LOL) in the ditches of the patchwork squares, and around the flowers. I don’t intend to do many quilts – I have far too many embroidery projects lined up, without getting addicted to quilting as well!!!!