I have finally finished Tiffany Window – the pattern is from the ANG’s Chapter Project Book, and the CyberPointers chapter did it as a meeting project back in March.
As so often happens, I made several modifications! The most obvious is that the original had dark lines going through it to define smaller “window panes” – I decided against those. I also changed the background stitch. I did it all in DMC threads instead of the ones recommended.
I enjoyed stitching this – well, most of it. I really didn’t enjoy the couching around the leaves and flowers, but the effect it gives is well worth it. I also didn’t really enjoy stitching with the gold thread nor the pearlised thread. I would rather use the old rayons I think, and that’s saying something!! However the pearlised thread is just in the centre in a diagonal darning/running stitch so it could have been worse. And having to choose between awkward-to-use thread that is available locally and inexpensive, or ordering an easier-to-use thread from overseas and having to pay shipping etc … I think I made the right choice 🙂
I still have to “finish” this piece, but I’m not sure how I will do it yet. I think I might just wrap it around a piece of heavy cardboard, maybe with another piece of fabric-wrapped cardboard behind that, as I did with Diamond Iris. I like the way that one turned out.